I'm A Legal Alien Now

Thursday, July 06, 2006

So I Have a Visa...Sort of.

My visa is in Sydney. As you may notice, it is not yet 4am. DC called and suggested I fly down because it'll be quicker than waiting until middle of next week.

Plus I should be able to leave tomorrow.

Did you know that QANTAS bookings are open 24 hours a day? I was very surprised. So I'm flying down to the Consulate, picking up visa, and then booking a flight at the airport to come back as soon as my visa is in my hands.

Whilst this is all very exciting in the day-of-the-wedding sort of way, I do wish I was doing it on more than three hours sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

Hey, if I can catch a heinous three hour flight (the service was appalling - DO NOT fly Air New Zealand) and then spend six hours on a bus with the viewing option being Police Academy and Grease after having only had three hours sleep and not being able to sleep whilst in transit, then you can do a mad dash to Sydney.

Yours sounds significantly more fun as it is a on-the-day-of-the-wedding kinda thing, in my case my ankles are fat and swollen.

Cannot believe you are leaving the country while I am in NZ. This is not fair. We never got to do the big goodbye. Sigh.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Guess what! I'm flying Air New Zealand!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home