I'm A Legal Alien Now

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dogs and Teapots

Yesterday I had my official introduction to the Ambassador. We'd actually unofficially met in my first week, but this was the proper deal. We talked about dogs, my struggle to find a teapot and then we negotiated a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon. It was very satisfying.

I am currently waiting for my groceries to be delivered. I will soon have pop-tarts in my possession.

My Embassy letter-writing skills are getting pretty l33t so that's a bit exciting for all concerned. I'm still disappointed that handguns aren't in the impulse buy section of CVS (a drugstore)... say next to the gum and the copies of People.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

I remain shock and disturbed at the lack of tea pots. Can you not use your diplomatic connections to get one into the country for a reasonable price?

If you want I can pick you up one of those cheap Maxwell and Williams ones and post pack it over. I could not promise that it would be in tact when it gets to you, but you could probably glue it back together.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

The word is I'm going to have to head into Chinatown. I also need a cheap wok, so hopefully one stone = two birds.

The cheese here is orange. A shade of orange really never found in nature. It tastes the same, but it disturbs me nonetheless.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home