I'm A Legal Alien Now

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Packin' Up

This could be last post for a bit because in about half an hour I'm out of U Street. Packing stuff up (and it's amazing how much has accumulated since July) was more depressing that I anticipated by a long way.

It brought up a whole lot of mixed emotions about what I'm doing here. And whilst moving into C's place while I continue to look should take the pressure off but for me it only makes it worse because I hate to take advantage of hospitality and if I'm still there in a week I'm going to feel incredibly guilt-stricken. So for the first time, I'm actually quite worried about where I'm going to live.

I've already lined up another viewing on Monday at lunch. God only knows what happened to the Tiger at Q Street. For someone who boasted of his ability to do what he says he'll do, he didn't particularly follow-through on that claim. I find it amazing that it took me about 10 days to find a house when I arrived cold in Washington, and now that I'm here it's taking at least four weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

Just keep reminding yourself - at least there is no piano!

AND - now we all have some new criterions for househunting - NO LIVE IN LOVERS WHO HAVE THEIR OWN APARTMENT BUT INSIST ON SETTING UP A BUSINESS IN YOUR DINING ROOM! and NO PIANOS!!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home