I'm A Legal Alien Now

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Auf weidersehn

Why is that whenever I'm destined to board an aircraft the weather in DC turns to shit?

Howling winds, driving rain and when I was walking out of work (at 2pm hee hee hee) it was the coldest I've been in my entire life and I was wearing gloves and an overcoat and a scarf. Purchasing of proper January wear just shot up my list of priorities.

So tonight I'm off to Berlin for a few days. Have to pack yet. Not really sinking in that I'm going away at all. The airport is going to be unmitigated hell tonight as it's the busiest night in the US for flying as it's Thanksgiving tomorrow (such a nice holiday and I'm a bit sad to be missing my first one). I've been so busy looking for somewhere to live I haven't had any of the usual going-overseas build up I'm used to. I'm probably going to forget my passport or something.

At any rate, mit schlag and I'll post a pictorial report when I get back.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

Ah. Airports. I remember having to spend, two hours, in Melbourne Domestic. There was only one shop in the actual terminal and I had the most disappointing pizza I have ever had in my entire life. Bleh.

Beware terminal food.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

That's nothing compared to there not being a single Bureau de change open in a major international airport (Dulles) or only two toilets for an entire concourse! (CDG).

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home