I'm A Legal Alien Now

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Geographical Expansion

I have had such a busy weekend, for the first time in a while I'm actually a bit irritated that tomorrow is Monday and I have to go to work.

After my zoo experience, Roomie asked me to join him and his boyfriend at a party in North Beach, which is this little marina town on the Chesapeake Bay about an hour's drive east from here. I was much thrilled by sighting my first deer on the drive, and I also had my first Twinkie. A gay and grand time was had by all. I chatted, had two drinks, and was given a tour of a $1.4million motor boat by one of the guests who was a broker. There were irritating gays, charming gays, dancing gays and gays were I think were asking me to a threesome based on my accent alone and straight couples and drunk women and a woman wearing nipple caps which became the object of much amusement. There were also intriguing glimpses into the secret lives of Roomie and his boyfriend.

Still a little pooped, I think had a trip out to the outlets at Potomac Mills, about 45 minutes southwest of DC. Lovely BeeBee from work drove. Actually, I'm trying to slow down my spending a little so the outlets weren't the best move but I was very good actually. I spent around $140 but got some new work shoes which I kinda needed cos my current ones are a bit scuffed and daggy, some incredibly sexy pinstriped navy trousers which I'm going to wear with a white shirt to the opera next Sunday, a new boring pair of work pants which may prove necessary tomorrow as I gingerly tested the 'dry clean only' label on my current work pants which had a growing pinhole in the side seam anyway today and they may have shrunk to a 28 by 7am tomorrow, and a sweater from Banana Republic which was only $12. I tried to buy a H&M scarf that was a Paul Smith rip off but the cashier line was too slow and I gave up. Banana Republic, which I found I quite love, also had a sock sale. Pairs were usually $8.50 but they had a 4 for $20 deal which I eagerly took up as socks tend to be a bit of a crunch round here (that and underwear, but I don't like white undies and that's all they seem to have here).

3 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

Oooh, that party sounds most exciting and debaucherous. Most impresesd!!

Also - your shopping binges are getting increasingly impressive! But to be fair, you didn't come to the country with much :p

I hate buying work clothes, it always seems like such a waste. But I suppose these things must be done. Also, I am concerned about your laundry - how did it turn out?

12:34 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

My dry clean only? I actually haven't tried them on. Much more distressing was when I got shoe polish all over my brand new Diesel jeans. But I immediately thought 'what would Anne do?' so I wet the stain and hauled them into the washing machine RIGHT AWAY and there is no permanent damage. Hurrah!

9:21 PM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

Awesome. I am so glad that I have made such an impressive impression on you when it comes to problem solving with stains.

But, could it have been a fashionable and trendy stain?

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home