I'm A Legal Alien Now

Friday, September 22, 2006

Immunity

One of the nagging questions I want to ask someone at the Embassy but obviously can't for reasons which will soon become obvious is do I have any diplomatic immunity? I am reasonably confident I have none unless I am driving one of the Embassy cars and since I can't do that, I have absolutely no immunity whatsoever. I'm also not in the Blue Book, which is an important indication of diplomatic status. What I did discover today was that the Counsellor for Public Affairs' four year old son has complete immunity. I plan to tell him that whenever he gets in trouble at school to claim immunity.

Yesterday I was leaving the Embassy for lunch at the exact same point a seminar of military health professionals were leaving. I was the only one unable to see myself in my shoes and not wearing a ducky little peaked hat. So all I could do was grin inanely and quietly hum 'one of these things is not like the others/which of these things just doesn't belong'.

Last night I finally went to the iconic Ben's Chilli Bowl- a DC institution since the 60s (50s?) only three blocks from my house- the oversight of leaving it so late is quite glaring. Anyway, the Chilli Dog as a hot dog was good but not the orgasmic Dog experience I was expecting however I will say this- that man knows his Chilli. (I didn't take this photo- found it on google)

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

I am fairly certain, that anything from that establishment would make my tummy explode. Did it do you any damage?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

No, very stable!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home