I'm A Legal Alien Now

Friday, September 08, 2006

Oh, August.

The balmy days of August, where I'd often spend an hour during lunch at Filene's Basement, have long passed and we have hit the storm after Labor Day when Congress, the universities and every other goddamn faction in DC comes back to town.

I have done two 100+ head functions in two nights now. Last night wasn't so bad as it was catered, but tonight was inhouse and I pretty much ran the show from behind the bar. So I guess I can add barman to my resume now, and I've earnt oodles of overtime.

But, man, I don't think my feet should be visibly pulsing like this.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

I must say, I am impressed at your enthusiasm for the events. I dare say that it will not go unnoticed at the Embassy.

:)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Well the in house one is going to be a bit tricky because originally we were doing it for free, but then Xena told me to claim overtime since I did all the work. Now I have to work out how to bring this up with Dapper.

8:52 AM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

You know, I don't think I have ever managed to get official "overtime" payment. Mmmmmm . . . penalty rates.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home