I'm A Legal Alien Now

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Questionable Shopping



I am not typically in the habit of posting photos of things I buy, nor am I in the habit of not centering my photos (or in the habit of spelling center like that either, frankly). But I went to Filene's after work before meeting E for dinner at Bistro du Coin to buy a boring jacket and more work pants. As you can see, there is a distinct lack of work pants in these images. The only ones I liked were the same as the ones I already have, which have a minute hole which can be repaired. To the right is my new walk-to-work jacket (boring, safe, functional) and some shoes which I decided I should buy. I'm not entirely sure why.

To the left is a more questionable purchase- yes, it is a leather motorcycle jacket and, yes, it is blue. It is also Ungaro and reduced from $450 to $70. I'm not entirely sure what I think about it, honestly. I'm going to try it with my jeans before I take the tags off so I can possibly return it. It's real leather too (for $70 I was convinced it had to be pleather) but lined with acetate, alas, which I always confused with acetone which is used to dehydrate bodies before dissection (thank you Bodies Exhibition) and is also possibly the key ingredient in nail polish remover.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

That jacket is, HAWT!!!!

I hope you keep it!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Phew. I'm so undecided. I think I'm going to try it at the Saturday night opening I'm going to (and quite looking forward to).

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home