I'm A Legal Alien Now

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Schadenfreude??

Am having quite a panic about money. I was feeling so comfortable with my financial situation until this whole having-to-move thing reared its head. I wouldn't have booked Berlin, as depressing as that would have been, had I known I would need enough money to be able to put down a security deposit on a new place + 1 month's rent.

Mum has already said she'll send the money but that doesn't feel right and if my Berlin ticket was refundable I'd do that.

Anyway, it's one of those things that really shouldn't be worrying me now because I don't know how much is involved. I'll get a pay next week, some of which will be going to U Street Rent depending on when I'm leaving here, and the rest will be spending money for Berlin. I'll then get another pay two days after I get back from Berlin. I could perhaps delay moving into the new place until after Berlin- and use most of my late Nov pay check to cover it. I also have about ten hours of overtime to be paid next week. This weekend is going to be deadly dull as I'm going to try and minimise my fiscal outlay as much as possible (I'm already back on the frozen meals bandwagon). Hmph. Stupid Roomie.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

Are you able to put off moving out till just before xmas?

Or is that an even crappier time to move out?

That sucks man. . .

Can you get a cash advance on your credit card?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Nah, he wants me gone by the beginning of December. I probably could get a cash advance, but the fees would be horrendous and it would involve an international transfer of funds anyhow.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the world of low paying jobs and ridiculous high rent. that's america for you!


oh yeah, as you can see, i visited your blog after a million years. i miss project runway.

go see "for your consideration" this week!!!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I will duly 'consider' it ha ha ha ha ha. Actually I've already made plans for a bit of Brunch + Guest = Fun on Sunday!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home