I'm A Legal Alien Now

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Stunning, Just Stunning

Tra la la la go the buds of May April.

Work has been crazy but I did get to hang out with one of Australia's foremost authors this week who was so wonderful and unassuming I won't hear a bad word said against him. Why, I plan to read one of his books even.

Today is the grandest Spring day. It's about 26-27C with a slight breeze and brilliant blue skies. All the flowers are in full bloom- the only ones I can recognise are tulips, daffodils and pansies- so there's colour everywhere. All and sundry are out on the Georgetown streets today and we all share knowing smiles that it's such a pretty day in such a pretty place.

To celebrate I went to Barney's Co-Op and bought some Converse laceless sneakers. I wanted something slip on and easy for summer and although I vowed not to wear Converse, I decided I quite like them. I was originally going to get the Paul Smith ones I saw last time I was there but they were gone so I also saved about $100. Hurrah!

In other news, my hunger striker is back. He's no longer planted outside the Sudanese Embassy but rather pacing Mass. Ave wearing a sandwich board looking rather gaunt. He does have a rather stunning tan though, so it's not all bad.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home