I'm A Legal Alien Now

Friday, March 23, 2007

Dupont Circle

One of my favourite things this week has been walking home through Dupont Circle. Since we've been having blissfully warm evenings, the circle has become alive again with people sitting and chatting after work, old black men playing chess and people who are hurrying home taking a little longer to cross the circle. All it needs now is the fountain back on. I do love it.




Looking up the Dupont Circle Metro escalators at night... I can't explain how much these escalators scare me. They're horrendous in winter because you come from the heated station/train to icy winds barrelling down this tunnel. I'd say this photo is from halfway up.


You know what else I love? Baby German polar bears named Knut.


(none of these photos are mine)

5 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

That is the cutest damn baby polar bear I have ever seen!!

I hope it lives in captivity so it will not drown as all the ice melts. I swear that animated polar bear bit was the most distressing segment of the Al Gore movie. :(

9:52 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

He was an orphan who was adopted by the Berlin Zoo.... then PETA said they should've let him die in the Arctic rather than live in a zoo. One of the many reasons I hate PETA.

11:23 AM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

PETA?

Are those the people who throw blood on people wearing fur coats?

3:59 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

The one and same!

8:22 PM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

They are indeed evil.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home