I'm A Legal Alien Now

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pantalon

I wouldn't say that this photo was the defining reason why I bought new pants at Benetton yesterday, but it did have some influence- primarily the guy's face on the left. I discovered in New York on Friday that my new work pants, barely two days old and not yet washed, had shredded down one side due to luggage-related abrasions. Ridiculous! I am going to return them tomorrow. We shall give these Benetton pants a go, and if they're alright I'll buy another pair. I don't know why I'm so resistant to work pant purchases and instead wear one pair to the bone. People must talk. I buy shirts and ties like crazy, so maybe I can fool them.

I have drinks tonight with my secret husband which has me all a-flutter as I don't even know if he's gay and I've built it up in my head practically to marriage and adopting Cambodian orphans.

It is very humid and gross. It will be a long four months. I've started using the a/c whenever I sleep- it's very noisy but I figure I'll learn to sleep through it now so that it doesn't bother me when I really need it in July and August.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

There is definitely something v intriguingly and enticing about that photograph. . . . I think I could be convinced to buy something from that shop. . . .

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

And you shall! The many wonders of Georgetown await you at the end of the year. Don't forget a personal favourite, Anthropologie!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home