I'm A Legal Alien Now

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A little bit of reflection

At 2am this morning, as I was violently ill from either alcohol or shoddy Mexican food, I reflected that I have done more drinking in the past few months than I probably have collectively done in my entire life.

Last night there was about, oh, eight hours of fairly steady drinking. I don't actually know how many glasses of red wine I had. Dapper was back for a flying visit, so there were drinks then. Then I kicked on to Happy Hour following which Scarlett & I went with Gonzalez's friend KSH and her husband to some awful bar on L Street where we were all totally tanked. Before finding the awful bar, we accidentally went into this horrible black bar. However KSH's friend did steal a complete roll of toilet paper for reasons which now escape me.

We also got the somewhat sobering news that Gonzalez's boyfriend is being shipped to Iraq, for eight months. Jeez.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

You see, this is why I like to tone down my drinking before any major transitional period. Because when you move somewhere new, start work somewhere new, or start studying somewhere new, you inevitably meet new people and you must drink excessively with them. I think it's an Aussie thing, something to do with bravado or hangover/vomit solidarity or something . . . I don't know.

But sometimes, livers don't like it.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

It is a solidarity thing... my co-workers can really put it away.

7:46 AM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

Lol. One of my former co-workers drank so much she got a liver infection.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home