I'm A Legal Alien Now

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I have a local!

Forget to post about the coffin outside the White House... some father has parked his ute on 16th with his son's coffin in the back, his son having been killed in Iraq. It's very powerful, considering that the media have been prohibited from showing the coffins coming back to the US from Iraq. Tourists were strolling along then were stopped suddenly in their tracks.

In happier news, I went to a gallery opening last night with Xena. Graduation works, so there was quite a bit of crap but a few really sensational pieces too. Afterwards we went to what will become my new watering hole- Local 16. It's this old pub that has an open roof deck. Last night was such a beautiful evening, we drank up there before heading back to her place where her husband cooked us dinner and we continued drinking on their amazing roof terrace- with views of the monument and the Capitol dome and the skyline of Rosslyn and so on.

Was exceedingly pleasant.

Now, I do laundry then work out what I will do today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home