I'm A Legal Alien Now

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Wheels on the Bus

I went and saw Shortbus tonight with Roomie and his boyfriend.

It's sensational.

For those who are yet to hear of this flick, it's directed by the guy who did Hedwig and the Angry Inch (John Cameron Mitchell) and is essentially about sex... with all of the sex in it unsimulated. Usually this is a recipe for disaster but it's handled to naturalistically and surreally at the same time, and is intrinsic to the story that it completely works.

Also, any movie that opens with a guy trying to suck his own dick before ejaculating into his own mouth is a winner.

It's surprisingly uplifting, and unsurprisingly it's also quite amusing. Such as the gay threesome where one of them starts singing the American National Anthem whilst rimming another guy out. And I also admire the actors for being so brave to do this movie in the first place. Ok, so most of them are hot and have bodies to die for and quite a few have big dicks but still, it takes guts.

Anyway, if it makes it out to Australia it's well worth the effort it will take to see it (to be honest, I'm not sure if anywhere in Brisbane will even screen it).

Interestingly, I think the character I most identified with was the lonely dominatrix. What does that say about me, I wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home