I'm A Legal Alien Now

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Photo Time!

This is the Santa Monica Pier. On the Sunday morning I was in Santa Monica I thought I should see something of the place before I got on yet another plane and flew on to Washington. It was about six thirty in the morning when I took this shot. Whilst I am glad I did make the effort to at least see some of the beach I was staying a block from, I probably would have been equally glad to get an extra hour of sleep.


This is New York. It seems strange that I have a New York photo before a Washington photo, but that's the way it is. This is looking up Broadway from Chelsea. Or maybe not. Actually I'm really not sure as I snapped it furiously as I was leaping into a cab with Xena as we thought we were going to miss our train back to DC (little did we know it was to be delayed by over an hour).


This is where I live now. Enough said.


On Sunday afternoon I was waiting here to meet Xena before seeing The Devil Wears Prada at the Georgetown AMC 14 (the movie was alright-book was better- and really dragged whenever La Streep went off screen). It was so daydreamesque pleasant. It wasn't too hot, there was breeze and as I'm a nerd you'll notice the plane in the top right corner coming into land at National, which is just beyond that bridge. The big white monolith is the Kennedy Center, where I plan to see some opera and, if I'm here in February, the Matthew Bourne dance version of Edward Scissorhands. There was even, out of shot, a guy dicking around on a guitar. As some will know, this has been known to induce me to violence but in this circumstance I even, god help me, gave him a buck.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

I am most impressed by your charity. And your random new york shot. keep up the good work darl.

:)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Thank you! I plan to get many more on the Labor Day long weekend.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home