I'm A Legal Alien Now

Friday, January 26, 2007

Bleurrrghh

It's quite lovely having a public holiday when everyone else has to go to work. Quite lovely indeed.

Last night I had to go to a function of which I had very low expectations and ended up having a riot of a time. I hung out with Jack a fair bit, which was awesome, and the very glam Swiss-Moroccan wife of one of my favourite DC residents and we swapped drunken youth stories. And I learnt about Arkansas from a geologist (it has the first national river in the US). And the millionairess who was throwing this whole bash kept telling me how much she loved me. And I barely spoke to Dapper and Xena the whole night. They seemed somewhat surprised.
God, I hope I wasn't being too inappropriate. Some random woman in the bar after the event who I think thought Jack and I were a couple (hm, nice thought in it's own way... but no) and the two of us were being a little crazy.

And, why god, am I so fucking hungover? I had two glasses of wine between 7 and 10 then a vodka later at the bar. Possibly because I did it on one lamb cutlet.

7 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

It's the worst feeling when you've had a really good time to feel really paranoid that you were rather inappropriate.

I am sure you were fine. And don't let those two rain on your parade.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Oh they weren't raining at all- but when we went back upstairs I think they expected me to use them as a crutch more- perfectly reasonable assumption because it wouldn't be the first time and it was not really, to use a godawful phrase, 'my scene'. But HAH I made it MY SCENE.

Also, I think they'd also had quite a few drinks.

So we're all equal. Ha.

8:38 PM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

Ahhhh - the capacity of Australians to overlook excessive alcohol consumption** as being standard practice - makes life so much less messy and it makes me proud to be an Aussie.

** I do not consider you to be consuming alcohol excessively, this is more of a general comment about Australian culture. Aussie Aussie Aussie?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

I'm just amazed how drunken youth stories managed to cross cultures so successfully. That and shitting in the woods. I was telling the geologist about Outward Bound and she seemed to think she'd like to do it. BY CHOICE.

10:44 AM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

Well, she is a geologist. They're a little whacky. They like rocks, and nature and stuff.

Pfft. As if you would.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Careful- Mum was a geologist!

8:03 AM  
Blogger JustAnne. said...

I know, she's a very cool lady, but she is perhaps not representative of the whole geologist fraternity, seeing as she is also a piano teacher.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home