I'm A Legal Alien Now

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Damage Control

So Eddie Murphy now has a SAG and a GG for Dreamgirls. Tell you what, if he can pull off an Oscar it'll be the most remarkable act of PR I've seen for a while. I mean, we're being bombarded with ads for his new comedy film Norbit, where he puts on another two fat suits to play an overweight black woman:



Surely, surely, for all that's right in the world this man cannot win an Oscar when voters are constantly being reminded of his current oeuvre?

2 Comments:

Blogger JustAnne. said...

I am drawn to that film in the same way I am drawn to stare at motor vehicle accidents and road kill, and the film White Chicks and magazines with Britany Spears on the cover.

I won't see Will Smith in his 'Lo, the American Dream is not simply a dream' film, but I might see this . . . .

5:38 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Nooooooooooooooooooo I beg you! Don't succumb to the horrors of Eddie Murphy in multiple fat suits.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home